We wanted to share some of the topics you need to know about Istanbul airport, which opened on October 29, 2019 and will become the largest airport in the world when it is fully available. You can find this information in this context. Before we start to give information about Istanbul airport, we would like to remind you that we offer airport transfer services.
Istanbul airport construction took a total of 5 years from the end of the tender to the first opening date. Still more construction is underway and it has been reported that it will be completed as soon as planned.
Address: Tayakadın Mahallesi, Terminal Caddesi No: 1, 34283 Arnavutköy / Istanbul
The first section of Istanbul airport, which is stated to be the largest airport in the world, was opened. Even the first section of the new airport to open has given signs that it will be a magnificent facility when completed.
HOW TO GET TO ISTANBUL AIRPORT?
Located on the European side of Istanbul, Istanbul airport is located between Tayakadın and Akpınar villages on the Black Sea coast. The airport, which is close to Terkos Lake, will be situated at the Arnavutköy and Çatalca junctions with an area of about 76.56 square kilometers when it is completely finished. This location appears to be a location where people will not suffer from transportation difficulties.
Passengers wishing to travel to Istanbul airport, which is easily accessible by metro line when completed, can reach it by using IETT’s buses and Havaist’s services as well as taxis. IETT’s buses depart from Mecidiyeköy, Halkalı and Ataturk Airport, while Havaist’s services start from Yenikap, TÜYAP, kozyatağı metro, Taksim, Besiktas and Esenler bus station. We have studied this matter in detail. How to get to Istanbul airport can be found in our content.
There are many features planned for Istanbul airport. Some of these are listed as follows:
- Artificial intelligence and intelligent systems will be used in every part of the airport. Service, security and cleaning robots will do the service.
- There will be 9000 security cameras, 4549 support computers, 3267 flight information monitors, 467 servers and 3 data centers. Fiber cable will be installed at the airport between Istanbul and Berlin
- Around 780 people will be assigned to staff in charge of ground services
- There will be an annual capacity of around 150 million passengers, about 2 thousand landings and departures per day
- 248 face detection cameras will be available
- World’s largest aircraft capable of landing and taking off
- It will have the largest car park in Europe with a capacity of 18 thousand vehicles
- Driverless buses will serve
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED AT ISTANBUL AIRPORT
Some of the services planned to be provided at Istanbul airport are:
- 32 thousand square meters of food, drinking and shopping area consisting of famous shops with Turkish and world cuisines
- 450 room hotel
- Superfast internet service
- Bank and PTT branches
- Numerous car rental company offices